Essay Questions and Slide Presentation
GSB Office of Admissions is pleased to announce the essay questions for
the Fall 2008 application. This year we have added a slide presentation
as a way to tell us a little more about yourself.
- Why are you pursuing an MBA at this point in your career? Describe
your personal and professional goals and the role an MBA from the
University of Chicago GSB plays in your plans to reach these goals.
(1500 word maximum).
- If you could step into someone else's shoes for a day, who would it be and why? (500 word maximum).
We have asked for a great deal of information throughout this
application. In this portion of the application, we invite you tell us
about yourself using a non-traditional application format - a
PowerPoint presentation. In four slides or less, please provide readers
with content that captures who you are.
Given that this is a new section we have set forth the
following guidelines for you to consider when creating your
- The content is completely up to you. There is no right or wrong
approach to the way you construct your slides or answer this question.
- There is a strict maximum of 4 slides.
- Slides will be printed and added to your file for review,
therefore, flash, hyperlinks, embedded videos, music, etc. will not be
viewed by the committee. You are limited to text and static images to
convey your points.
- Slides will be evaluated on the quality of content and ability to convey your ideas.
- You are welcome to attach a word document of notes if you feel a deeper explanation of your slides is necessary.
- If you do not have access to PowerPoint or a similar software
application, you can contact the admissions office at
firstname.lastname@example.org for alternative methods.
(Optional) If there is any important information that is relevant
for your candidacy that you were unable to address elsewhere in the
application, please share that information here.